Shut Out the World with Our Blackout Curtains
A blackout curtain might be the best decision you can make for your bedroom. Create a perfectly dark snooze spot and keep those energy costs down. Read on for more information about our lovely range of blackout curtains.
Blackout curtains are specially designed window coverings that block out all external light, giving you a perfectly dark and private room. As well as the feature fabric, blackout curtains have a thick, light-blocking fabric lining that prevents sunlight from entering a room.
Absolutely! The lining on our blackout curtains is 100% polyester with a special coating that completely blocks out light. Providing the curtains are a good fit for your window, and the light doesn't sneak through any gaps, then a pair of our blackout curtains will give you a perfectly dark room for a very sound snooze, even on a summer's afternoon.
Blackout curtains offer several benefits, including:
- Light Control: They effectively block sunlight, making them ideal for bedrooms and nurseries.
- Privacy: They prevent outsiders from peering into your living spaces.
- Energy Efficiency: They can help insulate rooms, reducing heat transfer and lowering energy bills.
- Sound Reduction: They can dampen outside noise, helping to keep your snooze spot nice and quiet.
- Improved Sleep: The darkness created by blackout curtains can improve sleep quality.
Yes, you can layer blackout curtains with sheer curtain panels or blinds for both functional and aesthetic purposes. This combination will give you privacy and gentle filtering of light during the day, but allow you to block out all the light at night time.
To choose the right size, measure the width and height of your window (see our handy curtain guide for help with this). For optimal light-blocking, the curtains should be wider and taller than the window frame. Remember to account for curtain rod length and any desired extra coverage.
Made with love in Portugal, these will need a little care and attention when they are ready for a clean. We recommend that these are taken to your local dry cleaners to ensure that they get the professional scrub-up they need.