Why Choose Us?
Bedtime is our favourite time and here's why we would love to make your bed, dress your windows and make you comfy for your home time.
We've been designing and making bed linen and home textiles for over 25 years. When you've slept in fabulous bedding, worn great home clothes, popped your head on a great pillow, you realise just how important bedtime is, and what a difference it can make to a whole third of your life. Once you have dressed yourself and your bed in fabulous quality fabrics, you will never want to go back (or get up).
We work with only the best factories in Portugal and the UK who we know and trust. We have been making bed linen in the same factories in Portugal for the same 25 years, making them well and truly part of our journey. Being in our factories, watching our designs come to life on the loom, and trying new techniques and colours never gets boring, and is a big part of our working life. We're passionate about great design, superior comfort, fabulous fillings and longevity. Our Secret Linen Store range is tried and tested by us (we seriously need bigger cupboards), and nothing arrives with you until we are happy and we're sure you'll love it as much as we do.
All this is great, but we do much more than just make great stuff. We are committed to making a business that does good things for our planet, people and our wonderful team as well as making beds and dressing for downtime. We work and invest along with our factories to ensure that we understand our impact on the planet and do all we can to be better and stay that way. We are committed to working with charities and good causes as we go, helping where we can.
You can find lots of bedtime reading on our website about all of the things that we are doing, below you can see why the Secret Linen Store is a good choice for so many reasons.
What’s the Secret?
- We have carefully selected our suppliers for all that we sell, and we only use vendors that we trust and can rely on and hold an ÖekoTex® Standard 100 certification. We visit our factories regularly and are entirely confident in the standards to which they work, and how they look after their employees. Everything is made in Europe. We also believe in treating our factory friends well and fairly, without them we would have nothing.
- We have a fabulous exclusive range of bedding, nightwear, towels and curtains and accessories.
- We use responsibly sourced cotton wherever we can. This comes at a slight premium but means that the whole supply chain is guaranteed to be fairly paid and treated.
- We have a growing range of bed linen and nightwear that is certified organic.
- We have bed linen for everyone, be it soft buttery 100% linen or crisp and cool cotton, stripes, flowers or smooth plains we are sure that there will be something for you.
- We have a team of knowledgeable bedmakers ready to chat on the good old telephone to help you with your choice 01243 822 599. We love to talk.
- We use the same high-quality fabrics on both the front and reverse of our duvet covers. Sometimes you will find a lower quality fabric on the reverse of a duvet cover, this will make a cover cheaper. We don't do that. The side closest to your skin is the most important, right? Our duvet covers are the same front and back so that they look AND feel great.
- All our bedding has a size label sewn inside. No more rummaging through your linen cupboard, guessing which bedding is the right size. Whoop whoop!
- We design and develop all our own products, so you won't find the same anywhere else. Molly is our creative genius, and draws all our patterns, dreams up all of the colours and hunts out the best fabrics for your beds.
- All our duvets, pillows and toppers are made freshly to order in our factory in Scotland. This means that you get beautifully fresh bedding that hasn't sat around a dusty warehouse for months on end or been shipped across the world.
- We work with charities to help where we can. We have chosen locally The Sussex Seabed Restoration project and internationally Choose Love. We are doing some great things with both, you can read more about that here.
- We have offset our operational carbon footprint with Ecologi for every year since 2020 and we will be working along side them to do the same in the future.
- We are B-corp certified. This means putting our money where our mouth is, and making sure we balance our business purpose and profts alongside selling great things for your home.
- We are a family run business, founded and loved by two sisters from day one.
- We love peanut butter.
- It is very important to us that our packaging and plastic is kept to a minimum, we don't place unnecessary card inserts in each individual items, we use recycled card and recyclable plastic where necessary, and we send all our parcels out in recyclable paper potato sacks. All of our nightwear is packed in compostable bags. We are working constantly on improving and are trialling fully paper packaging along with compostable too.
- Finally, and very importantly, we just love dressing bedrooms and sleepy people. We would love to be part of your home time. Now all you have to do is decide which things are for you!
Is it bedtime yet?
Molly & Harriet