Molly Meets Catherine Tough
I met Catherine many years ago. We were both just starting out in our careers, both fanatic about print, colour, pattern and textiles. It's been great to keep in touch and see how her woolly business has evolved into the successful brand it is today. Catherine and her team knit away in their Hackney studio, creating fun socks, scarves, homewares and even the most adorable egg cosies. I'm delighted that we are working together this month.
- Describe what you do in 3 words.
Handmade happy products.
- What’s the best thing about what you do?
Freedom, fun and we love what we do.
- What’s the next big interior challenge in your home?
Painting my stairs… hard to do with everyone running up and down them.
- Are you all about long lie-ins or up with the lark?
Up with the lark, I bounce out of bed.
- Instagram or Twitter?
- What's on your bed today?
Our cat Walter!
- What do you love to wear to bed?
Winter a cashmere jumper / summer a cotton shirt.
- Who would you invite to your dream midnight feast? dead / alive/ animal?
Paddington bear, he’s always got a sandwich under his hat.
- How do you like your eggs in the morning?
Poached with spinach and bacon.
- Clean sheet Friday or clean sheet Sunday? (Harriet and I disagree)
Sunday an extra special sleep to start the week.
- Do you have a bedtime ritual, can you share it with us?
Always have a cup of Pukka sleep tea, very relaxing if you have been working late.
- Flat sheet or fitted sheet?
- You’re off for a weekend camping… What one luxury would you take from your bedroom?
Hot water bottle of course.
- Tell us a secret?
I have a bag of Percy Pigs under my desk for my daughter and I am trying very hard not to eat them.
- Who should Molly meet next?
The lovely Lilly Sharavesh at Love My Dog, she hand makes the most wonderful dog beds and blankets.